Pete’s Ultimate Endurance Challenges
At the beginning of the year I received the news that a close family member has been diagnosed with cancer. It has been a difficult and challenging time for everyone impacted.
I’m extremely inspired by this particular individual’s positivity, bravery and inner strength as they begin to tackle it head on. I plan to follow on from this example and channel my strength into fundraising for Macmillan Jersey.
Many are impacted by a cancer diagnosis, and I greatly admire and appreciate the service that Macmillan Jersey provides to patients and family members. The service they offer is truly invaluable, and absolutely sums up why I want to fundraise for them.
I set myself a goal of competing in several endurance events in 2018. I have achieved this goal so far, and the events have included:
• Arctic Ice Ultra – A 230 km Ultra-marathon across Swedish Lapland, with temperatures recorded as low as -40c
• Macmillan Rowathon – A solo 30 km non-stop indoor row, the equivalent of Jersey to Sark in distance.
• Transylvania 100 – A 100 km Mountain Ultra-marathon from Bran’s Castle (Home of Dracula), with 6,500 m of ascent.
• Round the Island Challenge – A 48 mile ultra marathon around Jersey in sub-10 hours.
• Round the Rock Ultra – Another 48 mile ultra marathon around Jersey in sub-10 hours, 2 weeks after previous round the island challenge.
• Coast to Coast Ultra – A 140 mile non-stop run from Whitehaven (NW England) to Tynemouth (NE England), within a time limit of 38 hours.
• Breca Swim-run – A 53.5 km (47 km run/6.5km swim) non-stop swim/run around three quarters of Jersey.
The final challenge, for 2018, will be a coastal and hilly marathon in Dorset during chilly December.
I have enjoyed supporting Macmillan and am not quite ready to call time on the challenges. I will therefore be planning my 2019 challenges, so watch this space.
Please help me support this exceptional charity by donating whatever you can.
Thank you so much to those who have already supported me during my challenges and to those who have donated to date.
|Display name||Donation amount|
|Spence & Lesley (Alex Picot)||£ 100.00|
|Ollie Taylor||£ 50.00|
|Paul Marshall||£ 20.00|
|Amy Waghorne||£ 20.00|
|Denise Halfhide||£ 20.00|
|Dave Campbell||£ 50.00|
|Si Hutchings||£ 100.00|
|Paul Burrows||£ 30.00|
|Michael & Kiley||£ 50.00|
|Rich Hill||£ 50.00|
|Nick T||£ 25.00|
|Stuart Tostevin||£ 30.00|
|Pete Stoten||£ 30.00|
|Chris M||£ 30.00|
|Andrew McDonald||£ 50.00|
|Tom Eaton||£ 20.00|
|Duncan Fox||£ 50.00|
|An admirer !||£ 20.00|
|Pauline H||£ 20.00|
|Spencer & A-M Wells||£ 50.00|
|K & Bry||£ 31.12|
|Sally Camm||£ 100.00|
|Simon Mackenzie||£ 59.00|
|Donation name||Donation amount|