- Cancer Support
- Get involved
- The Lounge
- The Oasis
- News & Events
At Macmillan Cancer Support (Jersey) Limited we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with all applicable law concerning the protection of personal information and not to do anything with your information you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
- What data we collect
- Where and When we collect your data
- How we use your cookies
- Controlling Cookies
- What purpose we use your personal data for
- Lawful Basis
- How long we hold data
- Data security
- Third Parties
- Data sharing and disclosure
- Your rights
- Concerns and Queries
Macmillan Jersey gathers and uses certain information about our supporters and fundraisers in order to provide a service to them, and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them. This policy is written in accordance with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
Macmillan Jersey’s identified co-ordinator is the Operations Manager. You can submit any subject access requests to the Operations Manager at any time by contacting us at: Macmillan Cancer Support (Jersey) Limited, Suite 2.13, The Lido Medical Centre, St Saviour’s Road, St Saviour’s, Jersey, JE2 7LA or telephone 01534 498188.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
We only use data necessary for providing the services listed. In order to provide those services listed below we gather the following information: name, address, email, phone number, company name, donation amount, source of donation and bank details. When you register to become a Friend of Macmillan Jersey your payment details are required and stored securely via Rapidata, our processing house for direct debits. Any online donations are made via a secure PayPal transaction.
- Becoming a Friend of Macmillan Jersey
- Registering for a Macmillan Jersey event
- Creating your own fundraising page
- Purchasing an e-card
- Making donations to Macmillan Jersey
- Completing our contact us page
WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
Macmillan Jersey collects data from our website via the contact us form, donations, signing up to become a Friends of Macmillan Jersey and any event registration pages.
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email or post.
We will not contact you for any purpose other than for what you have opted in.
If you are 13 or under, you must get your parent’s/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on our website.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
- We do not use any kind of advertising or ‘re-marketing’ cookies
WHAT PURPOSES WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
- We use your personal information to give you the information, support, service or products you ask for.
- We use your information to keep records of your relationship with us and for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies.
- We use your personal information to look into and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We use your personal information to claim Jersey Gift Aid on donations over £50 for any online donations or any R10 forms provided with manual donations.
- We use personal data to carry out statistical analysis and research in order to help us to understand how we are performing and how we can improve our services and meet the needs of people that require our help.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes which we will specifically notify you about and where appropriate, obtain consent.
Where our processing is based on consent, you may wish to withdraw your consent by unsubscribing from our service or us at Macmillan Cancer Support (Jersey) Limited, Suite 2.13, The Lido Medical Centre, St Saviour’s Road, St Saviour’s, Jersey, JE2 7LA or telephone 01534 498188.
In other circumstances, information is gathered on a legitimate interest or contract basis in order for us to provide our services to you.
HOW LONG WE HOLD DATA
Macmillan Jersey will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Where data is processed on the basis of consent you can unsubscribe at any time and subscribe with a new email address if you want to change details.
Macmillan Jersey uses up-to-date storage and security techniques to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or lawful destruction or accidental loss. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. Only authorised members of staff have access to our online records. These records are password protected and require double authentication.
DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to. All donors have the right to access the information Macmillan Jersey holds on them. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that this information is kept up-to-date by asking donors if there have been any changes.
Macmillan Jersey are registered with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner. We will respect Data Protection Rights under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, so donors will have the right to obtain:
- confirmation that their data is being processed
- access to their personal data and other supplementary information
- the purposes of the processing
- the categories of personal data concerned
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- where the personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information as to its source
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
CONCERNS OR QUERIES
If you have any questions relating to this policy or data protection within, please contact us at: Macmillan Cancer Support (Jersey) Limited, Suite 2.13, The Lido Medical Centre, St Saviour’s Road, St Saviour, Jersey, JE2 7LA or telephone 01534 498188.
Jersey Office for the Information Commissioner no: 62962